Skip to main content

2005: a blogging year in review

So I'm stealing this idea from my co-worker Kelli who stole this idea from someone else because well I think it's pretty darn clever. What you do is make a list of the first sentence of the first post from each month.

Jan~ Who made it 2005 already?
Feb~ February is one of my favorite months of the year, it always has been.
Mar~ You ever have moments when you really feel like writing something, but when you actually sit down to do it you have nothing to say?
Apr~ This has been about the longest I have gone without writing in quite some time.
May~ I quit my internship.
Jun~ So, before I leave here on Saturday I have to give my parents a date.
Jul~ You may notice a change or two here.
Aug~ I'm trying to remember that all of this stuff doesn't matter, that he can take it all away in an instant if he chooses.
Sep~ It's not that I haven't thought about posting or wanted to post in the last few days, it's just every time I've sat down to write something the blank screen just stares back at me instead of jumping to life as usual.
Oct~ Boston needs to rally because it would be complete crap to lost the AL Division series to Chicago.
Nov~ Welcome back to the Copeland hour where we're still talking about Copeland and Copeland related things 10 days after the concert. :)
Dec~ I heart aprons (for real I do)

Well that hits some of the highlights from 2005- the year beginning, my love for the coolest month of the year :), quitting the internship that I had oh so briefly (and often forget even happened), having to give my parents a deadline of when they would cut me off financially- major event of this year & a hard time that led to very good things, changing my blog template, starting the best job I've ever had (the one I'm currently in), the sadness of the baseball post season this year (a moment of silence), the very cool Copeland show, and Thanksgiving. There are more highlights yet to come, but those are some of the many things that happened in a year that has been amazing and crazy and has gone so very quickly. I can hardly believe only 3 little weeks remain, but I intend to enjoy them thoroughly. :)

Comments

Ronnie said…
Thanks for your comment, but can you trim it down a tad? Use your blog to write blogs, not mine. :)
Ms. McGowan said…
I'm pretty sure that Ronnie started a blog so he would have a new venue for picking on his "friends." [sticking my tongue out at Ronnie]