Skip to main content

because you're mine, I walk the line

It is 1:14 in the morning (CST). We just returned from finally seeing Walk the Line. Johnny Cash's story is quite interesting and there are some really great quotes in the film.

"Do you got a hitch in your giddyup?"

"Rule #1: Don't propose to a woman on a bus. Rule #2: Don't tell her it's because you had a bad dream."

"Your fans are gospel folk, Johnny. They're Christians, and they don't wanna hear you singing to a bunch of murderers and rapists, tryin' to cheer 'em up."
"Then they ain't Christians."

I definitely recommend it. Joaquin Phoenix is amazing. The past few films of his that I've seen (Walk the Line, The Village, Signs) are quickly making him one of my favorite actors. I also enjoyed Reese Witherspoon in this film. I don't really feel like writing an entire review right now, but if you want to know more feel free to ask.

As good as the film was, one of the most exciting parts about it was seeing my friend Shannon's name in the credits. That was pretty cool & helps this whole film thing seem all the more real. Thankfully I didn't have to try too hard to prevent myself from jumping up and proclaiming to all the other theatre patrons, "I'm friends with that guy!" since pretty much the only other theatre patrons who stuck around for the credits were my siblings and only because I made them. ;)

Comments

Ashlee Liddell said…
Okay, well that settles it...I am going to see this movie. Funny that you said you enjoyed Joaquin's performance so much, because my brother said he actually thought Reese (whom he normally dislikes) stole the show...

I loved the quote....and I will TOTALLY stick around for the credits since you are famous....(okay, since you know someone "famous") just tell me where in the credits I am looking....
aziner said…
I think both Reese and Joaquin were quite good and that they were good together. It wouldn't have been the same if they both weren't in it. Let me know what you think of the film. You'll find Shannon's name under Set Production Assistants. He's credited as S.D. Roddy. There are 3 columns of Set PAs & his name is in the one all the way to the right. :)