Skip to main content

a bit of fanfare

Yes kids this is it, the night you've been waiting for. The night on which I write my 300th post. And oh yeah the last night of 2005 or something. If you had the misfortune of seeing the beginning of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve you saw some guy propose to his girlfriend in the middle of Time's Square in what I imagine was the freezing cold surrounded by a gazillion people and on tv in front of a gazillion more people. Let's just say that in the rules of proposing according to Azina that is a hugenormous no no. (Yes I like to make up words.)
Here are the 3 things wrong with that proposal:
1. it's public
2. the standing out in the cold all day
3. it's complete lack of anything resembling romance

Now I could be wrong and maybe she found it to be incredibly romantic, but when the awkward girl on the silly New Year's Eve show is the lead in to your proposal I think you've got problems. Again I'm not someone who believes in some big or ridiculously expensive proposal, but really the whole public thing? All that says to me is, I can't think of a way to make this moment special so I'll just make a spectacle of it. Anyway, I'm currently trapped in the world's longest Trivial Pursuit game so I think I'll get back to it.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Ashlee Liddell said…
I would have to agree with you on that being a big no no for proposing...however, I do think there are certain instances (for certain women) were proposing in public (not THAT public thouhgt) is romantic....only if the majority of the people whom you do it in front of you know....

how did trivial pursuit turn out?
aziner said…
I guess for me I just want it to be a moment between the two of us. I wouldn't want friends or family there when it happens. In a weird way it's because I want to share the joy with them & I feel that if they were there in the moment I wouldn't be paying any attention to them. If I get to share the special moment with my guy and then share it again with those close to me then I get to be more a part of experiencing the occasion with them. I don't know if that makes any sense and I do realize that I'm a little strange. Though as much as I joke about my "rules" it's not that I really have outlandish expectations in this regard. I just expect that the guy know me well enough that he do something he know will be meaningful to me, which would mean something quite simple that I would find adorable, which in itself is simple because I find a lot of things adorable. Anyway, enough potentially nonsensical rambling from me.

Trivial Pursuit was far too long of a game, I ended up quiting. Amber & Joe & Mom won.