Skip to main content

d'oh!

Last night my siblings and I attempted to go see Walk the Line. I have been looking forward to this movie since about April. It came out over a month ago, but between Thanksgiving and Christmas last night was really the first opportunity I had to go see it. So we all jump in the car, drive over to the AMC 3 minutes from my house, send Joe in to purchase the tickets while we find parking, and what do we discover? The movie is sold out! :( Now keep in mind that there are only 2 theatres in the entire Omaha area showing the film and 3 possible showtimes at those 2 theatres combined. Please explain to me if a movie is selling out why there are not more showtime choices? And the studios wonder why it's been such a terrible year at the box office. Look to the theatres and their ridiculously inflated ticket prices which is a major deterrent and apparently their incapability of scheduling films in any sort of useful fashion. I think we're gonna try again on Wednesday. Being a Tuesday in Omaha, tonight means Buffalo Wild Wings. Woo! Haven't been there in awhile, should be a good time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, I used to live in Omaha!! Until I was 7 years old, baby. My dad taught at UNO. We used to eat at this really good restaurant called OJ's ... good times.

But, here's the REALLY BIG DEAL: I once got hit in the head by a foul ball at an Omaha Royals game. I guess when you're 6 you don't have very good reflexes. :)
Tmproff said…
Well Jennifer, that explains why your avatar is holding the back of her head!
Anonymous said…
Nope, I got hit right on the forehead. :)
aziner said…
Jennifer that's awesome! Not that you got hit in the head but that you used to live in Omaha. :) I think it's pretty much one of the coolest places on earth.