Skip to main content

new year's resolution number 2

As promised and I'm sure highly anticipated for the past 2 days, my other NYR is to do better with finances. Aside from an enjoyable but brief flirtation with Quicken earlier this year, I am not good at keeping track of what I do with the money with which I have been blessed. I do keep track well enough that I don't overdraw the account, so I'm not horrible with finances but I know that I could do better & I want to. I like creating budgets, I just never stick to them. So my goal when I receive my first paycheck of the new year is to make amends with Quicken, start anew and be diligent about my financial accounts. The great thing about being organized in this way is that it will then allow me to do things I have been wanting to do for quite some time now like taking yoga classes and actually having real homecooked food on a nightly basis (except Tuesdays) rather than eating ramen and soup all the time. I love coming home and cooking, it's a great release for me so I'm very much looking forward to that part of the plan. So there you go, better financial responsibility along with the sub-resolutions of doing yoga and eating more healthily. I look forward to great things happening in 2006 and growing more fully into the woman God is shaping me to be. I think NYRs 1 & 2 will help me make great strides toward that end. I'm quite excited. :)

Comments

Ms. McGowan said…
May we come for dinner?

I'm always making budgets and then I forget to keep track of my spending. I did the ol' cash allocated to particular envelopes thing for a while, but I hate using cash. So, that one went to the wind. All that to say, cheers to keeping track of your finances, I know how difficult it can be!

By the way, one of my students keeps asking me if we can have English class yoga lessons. You can teach me some moves, k?
aziner said…
Sherry, you have a standing open invitation to dinner. Come down whenever you like. :) I would be happy to teach you some yoga positions just as soon as I learn them.

Nicole, as soon as we get back from vacation I plan on hitting the grocery store with a fury. We'll have real food in the house! It will be quite exciting. :) Now I just gotta figure out what I did with all those meal plans I made up . . .
Galen said…
I like the feeling of wads of cash in my pocket. And by "wads" I mean seven dollars, in ones.

But I'm basically never writing a check again, and I don't like the impersonality and computerness of plastic, so I'm shifting back to cash. It feels like you're actually spending, and actually getting, and like you've actually earned something for all that hard work.
Galen said…
give me your money. i'll make sure you don't spend it.
aziner said…
Where are you getting all those ones from Galen? Is it from your side career as a stripper? ;P

I'm fairly certain that giving you all my money would be going in the opposite direction of the financial responsibility for which I am aiming. Thanks for the offer though.