Skip to main content

a threefold utopian dream

2006. 2006. It doesn't feel like it fits yet.

so this is the new year
and I don't feel any different
The New Year - Death Cab for Cutie

It's been a really good time here in Omaha, but in some ways I am so ready to be back in LA. It is only the impending goodbyes that make me wish for the remaining days here to take their time in passing. Sadly Ravi had to go back to school tonight, so one goodbye was already said. I didn't like it. But that aside this trip has done something very good for me, it sort of closed the one remaining door here that I still felt my heart clinging to. I sat in church this morning and realized that even though there are still some things that have not changed in the 19 years since I started going to that church, there are many things that have, such important ones that I know I don't belong there any more. It's a strange realization, but mostly not a sad one. I really think of my church in LA fully as my home church now. That's actually a great feeling. I feel like God is moving me toward something. It's exciting and a touch scary, but I feel that there are amazing things in store for this year. I have a hundred things on my mind that I would like to see in my life this year. I'm not sure if they'll all be possible, but I plan to pursue those things that will deepen my faith, help me to grow, serve others, and glorify God. I can hardly believe I turn 24 this year, but I have to tell you I am very excited for 2006. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is very cool that you feel so at home in LA. I think you're officially an adult. :) As for me, at age 28, I don't think I've gotten there yet.