Skip to main content

when you know that you just . . . know

Many a day hast waned since I last bestowed upon my fair readers the gaiety of the middle of the week, so without further dawdling I wish you a very happy hump day!

I've been thinking recently about how soon I will be turning 24. I will have lived a year for every hour that is in the day. It's quite a strange notion. And as I've been reflecting on this I thought back on the post I wrote last year about how soon I would be turning 23. It turns out that post was written last January 11th. I can say with such joy and confidence that I have come so far in the year since I wrote that. A friend asked me this weekend what I am looking forward to out of 2006. Even though there are specific things I am hoping for and expecting out of this year, I didn't really answer him. Instead I told him that I got everything I needed to out of 2005. This year I am excited to see where God will lead me next. I plan to do more in my church- to volunteer to help out with kid's church and maybe even get involved with the praise & worship team and to get to know some adults with a little more life knowledge than me, oh how my heart desires those things. I plan to start a small group and offer a place of fellowship and refuge in the middle of the week. I want to be more serious about getting my children's book published. And I hope/believe that this will be the year that I will start dating the man I will end up marrying. I can't quite explain it, but that has been increasingly on my heart as I think of this year. I feel ready, like God has brought me to the right time and place for all these things to happen. I feel I am becoming more & more everyday the woman God has made me to be. It's quite an amazing feeling. I am letting God take the lead. I know he can bring about all these things & so much more this year, and for that I am truly excited. :) If there were no boundaries on your dreams what would you set out to do this year? Sit down and talk it over with him, I think you'll be amazed at how much can happen.

Comments

aziner said…
Thanks! It's already sort of illustrated, but it needs to be re-done. I will probably either do the illustrations myself, or I will ask one of my artist friends.