Skip to main content

sunny days, sweeping the clouds away

Monday we had torrential downpour which was lovely until I tried to drive home from work through streets that had morphed into streams. The last two days have been quite delightful though. As most of you know, the parentals are in town which has been fun. Today we went to the Farmer's Market in Santa Monica. We picked up all kinds of lovely produce- so many strawberries! And my parents bought me some flowers- freesia, which if you know me well you know is one of my favorite scents & the flowers are quite pretty. I got red & white ones so they match our decor and I arranged them in the milk pitcher I painted (with the intention of using it as a vase) at Color Me Mine. Someday I will have a digital camera and will actually post pictures of these things. But most of the joy is in the scent anyway, which sadly I cannot capture for you here with any technology that currently exists. If I had enough money I would make sure there were bouquets of freesia in every room of my house at all times so that it would always smell so wonderful. It is great having my parents here, don't think that because I have not said much about them that I am not enjoying their visit as much as I enjoy freesia, but mostly I just wanted to write about the flowers tonight.

Comments

Ms. McGowan said…
My Nana brought in Freesia from her garden and I smelled it today the second I walked into the house. Spring! I was only past the title of your post before I was smiling. Thanks:)
Anonymous said…
I have to share something funny about freesia ... I've never actually seen or smelled the real thing, but one of my roommates in college had freesia liquid soap from Bath and Body Works on the sink, and every time I washed my hands they always smelled like iced tea. :)
joser said…
nicoletta, for a really fun argument, you should try to pay for something when Azina's dad is there. Though you have to play like your serious, and you have to be persistent.

It's a riot. I FINALLY was able to pay for a meal when I asked them if I could marry Amber, and that's only because I told their dad ahead of time that I was paying and that he had no choice in the matter.
raj said…
nicole's comments are funny because my parents are in LA and stocked her fridge, whereas their own fridge is barren. I also feel compelled to mention that it has been YEARS since I have gotten any monkey bread out of this arrangement. Moral of the story is that "they should come live with us forever" might lead to a rude (and hungry) awakening.

That being said, when my parents are actually home I never go hungry.