Skip to main content

the un-popciclization of aziner

To space heater with love, who knew you would find such use in June when it's been in the 90s outside? You bring me ample warmth in an office that has otherwise been penguinable. Don't get me wrong, I adore the creatures, but I wasn't made to survive in Antarctic conditions and seeing as there are no penguins in my office there's little sense in freezing.

Raj & I wrote a penguin dictionary:

Me:
penguinable adj.
1. an environment suitably frigid for sustaining penguins: My office is seriously penguinable.

Raj:
penguinarium: The zookeeper had to fish dead penguins out of the pond in the penguinarium.

Me:
expenguination - the action of removing penguins from a habitat

Raj:
penguinautics: the study of launching or hurling of penguins. As found in the acronym for PASA (Penguinautics and Space Administration), the country's leading facility for low orbit penguin launches.

And now it's time to go listen to some more Stadium Arcadium enjoyment and do laundry. Yay laundry! :P

Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder
Where it's so white as snow
Privately divided by a world so undecided
And there's no where to go

Comments

joser said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
My first job after college I sat in the corner of the newsroom in an area that felt like a FREEZER and I too had a space heater turned on during the summer.

At my last job I sat right under an air conditioning vent and I'd wear long-sleeved sweaters to work when it was 100+ degrees outside!!!!

Crazy stuff.
joser said…
What is it with females always being cold? I live with this constantly. I know that if I am anywhere near comfortable (that is, not about to sweat) Amber is flirting with hypothermia and her finger nails have long since turned a deep purple color. When I go to bed at night, I debate whether or not to put on covers, and Amber is busting up the furniture to build a fire. Now, I'm exaggerating, but COME ON!

At work the receptionist always has a space heater going full blast. The temperature at the front door of the office is around 78-80 degrees (not joking). It's stiffling, but she's sometimes still wearing a sweater. The average temperature in the office is around 74-76, and I am hot most days.

Now I am sure that if the temperature in your office were really THAT cold then the California Energy Police would have long since dragged off and publicly executed your landlord. I mean excessive energy use is one of the few remaining enforceable crimes in the state. :)

I don't think I really have a point to this tirade, other than to question why ladies are always cold when I am always hot. That might be a good study for some scientific-minded person to take up.
raj said…
well, joe, seeing as you're the most scientifically-minded person in this little circle, it seems the job falls to you. I do, however, agree that something has to be done about this gender-climate gap. I propose we abide by the "you can always put more on" rule. That is, we keep it cool enough for guys in order to save their drycleaners/wives/friends from the olfactory atrocities caused by constantly sweating the whole day long. And anyone who finds that temperature too cool can buy a sweater. In fact, I might even buy a sweater for them (if it's on the clearance rack at target). And, let's be honest, Azina being cold led us to fun new made up words. If she were comfortable, she would have been working, and the rest of us would have lost out. Do we really want to live in a world like that? I know I don't.
Galen said…
This is me agreeing with Raj.
This is me wondering about the stanza at the end of the post. Que es?