Skip to main content

life is what you make it

As for the car, I think I've decided to wait until I turn 25 to get a new car. Either that or I plan on winning a Saturn Sky from the Target survey I just filled out. :) The next few months are sure to be expensive. I'll have to buy a plane ticket to Houston for Christmas. Nicole & I will once again be hosting Thanksgiving. Then there's our famous Christmas party that will take place only a couple weeks later. And of course Christmas presents to buy. And a nephew on the way means I can be on the look out for cute baby boy items to purchase. Right now is probably not the best time to be tightening my budget. Plus it will be wise to wait until I get a raise so I know for sure what I will be able to afford. I am happy with this decision. Now I just have to hope the Neon will back me up on it.

It is just a little over 6 months that I will be turning 25. 25! Seems old kind of. Seems like an age I should have a lot more figured out than I do. But you know I think it's okay that I don't. Though at the same time I've decided that I will use this upcoming milestone to motivate me to accomplish some new and exciting things in my life. Right now I have 4 major goals and one minor one.

the majors:

1. My friend Kathy recommended that I look into taking some classes on counseling and possibly becoming a lay counselor. I'm very excited by that idea. For those of you who do not know, had I not gone into film I more than likely would have gone into psychology. So I intend to check into that.

2. I want to be serious about getting my children's book published. (For real this time.) And who knows if that goes through, maybe it will help me pay for a car.

3. I want to do better about eating well and exercising on a regular basis.

4. I want to see about joining the p&w team at church. I so greatly miss singing.

The minor goal is to get a second hole pierced in my ears. I will likely come up with more minor goals over the next several months.

I guess I should add the car thing to major goals. That will be a nice happy 25th birthday present to myself. :)

Since it is almost Wednesday and I haven't graced you with this in a long time, have a happy hump day! And as always, don't take it like that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
25 is old? Yeah right :)
Pete said…
I always take it like that Azina. You know that.