Skip to main content

not suitable for children

There are some really great things about being an adult. I have a lot of freedom. If I want to stay out until 4:30 in the morning, I can. You know it's late when you get home when the Sunday paper arrives before you do. If I don't want to eat green beans (and I don't let me assure you) there is no one who will make me sit at the kitchen table until I finally give in. And if I don't want to get a flu shot, I don't have to.

But there are some really difficult things about being an adult too. For me I think the most difficult thing is trying to figure out finances. I'm not horrible with money, but I have decisions to make that I don't feel prepared to make. And to be fair I never thought I'd be making these decisions alone. The time is nearing for my car to say its goodbyes and be replaced by a younger, more spry (spryer?) model. But so many questions go into such a big decision. What do I buy? Can I afford a monthly payment? And how much? Do I wait until I'm 25 because it will probably be better to insure a new car when I can get a lower rate? Do I get one sooner than that because I don't want to put any more money down the drain in repairing my current car? Can I justify putting myself further into debt?

Would I trade being able to stay out as late as I want for not having to make some tough decisions? I don't really think so. But it sure would be nice if I had someone to give me some advice and/or money for a down payment. ;)

Comments

In awe of You said…
yea... i am going to be in the same boat soon myself....car = dying......we should talk
aziner said…
though sadly I think the difference between us is you can probably afford a new car more than I can. but yeah talking is good