Skip to main content

best week ever!

I realize I have been rather delinquent in posting of late. I intended to respond to all of the comments on the previous post, but alas time has gotten away from me. For now I will just say, thank you & I love you guys.

This has been a wonderful Thanksgiving week already, far better than I had even imagined.

Sunday
The afternoon was spent driving back from my church's young adult retreat. We got a bit off course and the trip took much longer than anticipated, but it was a fun ride back with friends.

Monday
I got my ipod back from Apple after I sent it in for replacement due to a dead battery. This was much quicker than I anticipated. And despite the fact that I can't get the thing to work (it doesn't seem to want to charge), it's still exciting.

Monday also brought the release of 30 Seconds to Mars' video for From Yesterday. The video is a martial arts epic mini movie that MTV2 says is "one of the most ambitious music films in history."

Tuesday
I got a call from a guy who works for a church here in LA. I had given him my number a couple of weeks ago and we planned to meet for coffee at some point. He called to tell me about some missions trips his church will be taking to India and possibly Sri Lanka next summer. The funny thing is that it's been on my heart a lot lately to do a missions trip to India and it's something I felt God really pressing on me at the retreat. 2 days later I get this phone call . . .

Wednesday
I'm about to leave for work when there's a knock on the door. This is a very odd occurrence in the morning. I open the door to find a flower delivery man. He was carrying a beautiful floral centerpiece. He asked for me. He seemed please by my surprise that the flowers were for me. My friend Dan's mom sent them! Dan will be joining us for Thanksgiving and when his mom was here a couple months ago I cooked for a dinner party we had for her. What a wonderfully sweet thing for her to do. :)

After I got to work my boss called and said that I could leave at 2:30 since it was the holiday tomorrow.

A little bit later I got an email from my friend Jodi with a copy of this wonderful post from her blog. I feel so blessed.

Thursday
This is of course the big day. I'm very excited to continue for year 2 Nicole's & my tradition of spending Thanksgiving with friends. We have expanded from 10 last year to 16ish this year. :D

Friday
The day that Nicole & I can FINALLY decorate for Christmas! We've been itching to do this for weeks. But in an effort to prevent our Thanksgiving friends from thinking we're crazy, we've refrained from premature decorating.

Saturday
30 Seconds to Mars perform in Los Angeles. Nicole & I got presale tickets for $2! (That's not a typo, it's really supposed to be just a two.) I'm very excited for this concert as they've become one of my favorite bands.

I couldn't have hoped for a better week! :)

I hope to be posting pictures from many of these events soon & will do my best not to take a 6 week break again.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Comments

Ms. McGowan said…
I hope your dinner went well! Happy belated Thanksgiving, Azina!