Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

I hope 2007 has started off nicely for all of you. It has been okay for me so far. I left Houston to spend New Year's Eve in LA. It was fun, but it was hard to leave family and now I am roommateless for the week as Nicole is house-sitting, so I went from being surrounded with people to being home alone. It's not that fun. BUT I am optimistic for this year and have every hope that 2007 will make 2006 look like weak sauce. ;)

As mentioned, I spent Christmas in Houston where I got to meet my new, adorable nephew.

Here, despite Raj's complaints that a photo blog doesn't count as "real" blogging, I will give you a Christmas photo review. Enjoy!

The nephew dressed as Santa, with his best gangsta face & calling his reindeer homies with his gang signs.



Ravi got Alaina a Boston hat for Christmas.



Jadyn hugging her baby brother.



A good old fashioned game of pass the baby.



And a good old fashioned game of throw balls of tissue paper at your nieces. That's an actual ball of tissue paper Ravi threw hitting her in the head. Nice camera work, Raj. And to be fair to Ravi, I started the game. ;)



A trip to the butterfly museum.



It wouldn't be a holiday without a kiddie table



and presents :)



My favorite Christmas moment definitely had to be giving Ravi The 2004 Boston Red Sox World Series Collectors' Edition dvd. He had been wanting it for awhile, but we had decided to do $5 presents this year since we all had to pay for plane tickets. Even pooling the $5 everyone would spend on Ravi wouldn't have covered the cost of the dvd set. But we decided we should get it for him anyway, all the while keeping up the ruse that it was just too expensive to get him this Christmas & that we were sorry. We waited til all the presents had been opened and then told him there was one last gift for him. Raj & I stood posed with our cameras, expecting a wonderful, surprised reaction on his face. He opened the box & his face was very stoic. I said, "wow I expected a much better reaction than that." He said, "that's because I'm trying not to cry." Best Christmas moment, hands down. :) I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh I love this post...OK first your brother being so excited over a DVD set cracks me up but it's so sweet you guys got it for him anyway. Also...how cute are those kids! The tissue paper game made me laugh out loud!

Jodi
aziner said…
Thanks Jodi! They are pretty much the cutest kids ever. :)