Skip to main content

I turned 25 on Monday. I think the greatest thing about it was that Nicole got Jared Leto to come to my party. ;) Actually the greatest part about it was being surrounded with so much love. I may not have an amazing career, a nice car, a husband & 2.5 kids, or any of the typical measures of "the American Dream," but I have something so much better than all of that. I have the most amazing people in my life. And I know in my head that I am blessed with so many people who love me, but it was so nice to really have that lavished on me this past weekend. With cards & notes & phone calls & hugs & cookies & presents. It was truly wonderful. Here are some photo highlights.

Saturday night I had a Fake Asia night for my birthday party. Pretty much that just means an Asian themed party with candy sushi instead of real sushi. It's also funny because I'm half Indian which in my mind makes me Asian, but most people don't consider Indians to be Asians so I myself am considered fake Asian.

Here's the picture from the evite. (It's from 30 Seconds to Mars' "From Yesterday" video which was set in China.)

Here's the apartment all dressed up for the party.


Breakfast Club Asian Style. These are the wonderful girls I meet with for breakfast on Saturday mornings.

Ben & Rachel at the party.

Nicole & Dan at the party fighting over who loves me more. ;)

With Luke & Merlin at the party.

Birthday dinner at BJ's restaurant.

Nicole & (girl) Jodi thought it would be funny to make me wear a hat. Their birthdays are coming up in April & May respectively. Payback will be fun. :)

Nick is very excited to be celebrating my birthday!

(guy) Jody and Jon Mark at my dinner. bonus points to Jon Mark for wearing his 30STM shirt on my birthday. :)

Me & my wonderful roommate!

Thanks to everyone near and far who helped make my 25th birthday the best one yet! Love you all! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm having friends over for dinner tonight, and my roommate and I were talking about how fun it would be to have a theme party. I just showed her your blog, so she can see "how it's done." And I thought I had a cute table for our dinner party. You win:)
aziner said…
aww thanks Nicole that was a really sweet thing to say. :) haha I'm sure you do love me more than Dan. ;) wait, we touched Jared Leto? when was this? I really can't recall? haha SO kidding. of course I remember! I'm pretty sure we've mentioned it several times a week for the past 3 months. I wonder if our friends are sick of that yet . . . ;)

Sherry, I'm sure your table looked lovely! if it helps at all Nicole & I intend to do this professionally some day.

Thanks Shauna! and thanks for being a part of making it fantastic! :)
Pete said…
Sorry i missed it buddy. Email me ASAP! I want to chat. Or you can call...but i might be at work or something.