Skip to main content
This was on Postsecret* some time ago. It makes my heart happy.

I have just started reading the book New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton thanks to Keith's recommendation. When I told my mom the other night I was stopping by Barnes & Noble on my way home to look for the book she suggested I have Raj buy the book for me with his employee discount. I had considered that, but immediacy seemed more important to me than saving a bit. And page 1 proved it was worth it, "[Contemplation] knows the Source, obscurely, inexplicably, but with a certitude that goes both beyond reason and beyond simple faith." That makes my heart happy too. I really needed to hear it this week.

I know God exists too.

*(Please note: content on Postsecret is not always suitable for all ages.)

Comments

Keith said…
Glad to see God is using Merton's mysticism to draw you in and stretch your arms a bit in His abundant love. I am re-reading it as well.
aziner said…
This book is really such a blessing to me. I am glad you told me about it. I'd be interested to hear what you are gleaning from your re-read of it, either things you did not find before or parts that are catching your attention again.