Skip to main content

for the beauty of the earth...

I noticed this flower in a pipe in a curb outside of my friend Rachel's house as we arrived there yesterday morning for breakfast. Things like this tend to catch my eye. Sometimes I feel silly taking pictures of them, but "it helps me remember, and I need to remember. Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." A pretty flower growing in this dark and dank place, I can imagine few better metaphors for hope in an often weary world. Here's hoping that you all are able to see the flowers this week more so than the stagnant water and cobwebs that would delight in snuffing them out.

This past week and weekend have been amazing for me, I can barely wrap my head around it. There is much to tell and somehow too few words with which to tell it. If my mind ever finds a coherent way to articulate such things I promise to share. For now let's just say I got my May Day basket this year and it was quite a delightful surprise. :)

Comments

That is a splendid flower - and in such a oool place!
Ashlee Liddell said…
You need to ask your sister what I have to say about May Day baskets....don't know if I should air that stuff on your blog.
I am so happy for the joy that radiates from you, and this post!
Keith said…
This is such a cool post; love the flower. I totally understand what you mean about hope amongst the cobwebs -- sometimes it seems that the destruction around our lives makes every attempt to choke the hope from our eyes, making it hard to see. Then something small and wonderful catches in our hearts and we are reminded of Humanity. Thanks again, Az.
aziner said…
thanks threemilliondollars

hahaha Ashlee, I talked to Amber. thanks! :) Let's just say, I agree it doesn't get better.

Thanks Keith, glad you liked the post & the flower. :)
Ashlee Liddell said…
Glad you talked to her...;)

Oh the glorious days of May!