Skip to main content
I do not want to become comfortable here. I know that it is all from Him and it can all be gone in a moment. My faith must be in Him and not in something easy and tangible like a job. I made that mistake before. I don't want to be there again. Whatever happens, He will not leave me and that's ultimately all I need.

I feel like it's been a very long time since I've written a real, honest-to-goodness, straight up blog. So without further adieu here one is.

That bit above was written almost 2 1/2 years ago when I started my previous job. It's a lesson that had gotten buried, but jumped to the forefront recently. I became very comfortable in that job. For nearly a year I should have seriously looked into moving forward. On & off I knew that and felt nudges, but for various reasons (some great, others not so much) I stayed. And so God, being who He is, went a step beyond nudging and pushed me out of the nest. At first I just kept saying that I trusted Him and wasn't worried. But I became worried and uncertain. I was having a hard time remembering that He always comes through at just the right time. And then today He showed himself again. He said hey just because you have a hard time remembering who I am doesn't mean that I've forgotten or changed. I am that I am. I am always faithful. I cannot be anything other than that. I prayed that I would have a new job by this Wednesday. Today (Tuesday) I had an interview and before I left I had the job. Oh how His wonders never cease. I hope the lesson sticks this time and that I would remember His provision and not find my comfort in a job or the promise of a paycheck. He's the one who cradles me to His bosom. A job cannot take care of me, but my Father, my Lord, my Savior can and does and always has my back. It's good to be reminded.

2008 has been an interesting year thus far even just a couple weeks in, but I have hope that this can be a really great year and that many new and wonderful things are yet to happen.

Comments

Keith said…
I am glad to read some honest and "straight-up" blogging from you; even happier that the blessing of this job is so close and already proving better than the last. :)
aziner said…
:) thank you
sherry said…
Congratulations, Azina. I'm glad they were smart enough to hire you :)
aziner said…
:) thanks Sherry!