Skip to main content

I heart Huckabee

Since 1st grade I have been interested in politics. I distinctly remember a class vote for Bush or Dukakis. Bush (the first) won. I'm not sure if conservatism often typical of midwest families was the main influence or the fact that our young minds struggled to get past the idea that someone whose name sounded so much like poop was running for president. (dookie AND caca if you're not tracking here . . . )

At any rate, I've been at least mildly to very interested in politics for most of my life. Right now I'm pretty disillusioned by the whole process, which is not the least bit aided by the fact that my candidate is no longer in the running--Mike Huckabee.

I know this post may seem a little outdated as Huckabee has been out of the race for some time, but I am not writing to extol his virtues. (No more IRS! What wasn't to love??) Rather I am writing and asking you to know about whichever candidate you have given or are looking to give your support.

I think it's important to know where you stand and to be an informed voter. As such, I will not be voting in the presidential election come this fall. There is simply no candidate who deserves my vote. I am sad to say it, but it's true. (Save for the unlikely event that McCain picks Huckabee as his running mate.)

My point in writing this is not to persuade you to see things my way & to pick my candidate, as I have none; it is just to ask you to be well informed. All of the candidates have their flaws without a doubt, but far and above I hope and pray that people who have jumped on the Barack Obama bandwagon are doing their research.

Are you satisfied with his response to the things his pastor/mentor have said? Can you justify his lack of response regarding his ties with Bill Ayers a known and proud domestic terrorist? Are you comfortable with his ties to Rashid Khalidi who is outspokenly anti-Israel? Can you stomach the kind of person his wife is? The woman who publicly said this about her husband:

"I have some difficulty reconciling the two images I have of Barack Obama. There's Barack Obama the phenomenon. He's an amazing orator, Harvard Law Review, or whatever it was, law professor, best-selling author, Grammy winner. Pretty amazing, right? And then there's the Barack Obama that lives with me in my house, and that guy's a little less impressive. For some reason this guy still can't manage to put the butter up when he makes toast, secure the bread so that it doesn't get stale, and his five-year-old is still better at making the bed than he is."

Can we really hope to build a better America under a man whose wife doesn't even respect him?

I haven't provided you with links or tons of quotes. Believe me I could have, but I don't want you to think that my research is biased. So if you are looking toward Obama and haven't done so already, please read read read. Charisma & oratory skills are not the same as character & leadership ability.

The mainstream media hasn't picked up on a lot of these things yet, it took them 6 months to broadcast the Reverend Wright story that had already been circulating in alternative media. The info is out there, just don't wait around for the major news outlets to bring it to you, at least for a few months. Be proactive. Be informed. Be all that you can be . . . wait that's something else. Carry on.

Comments