Skip to main content
It never ceases to amaze me the way God can shout through your pain. "I'm still here! I haven't given up, just hold my hand and I'll get you through this." It's incredibly difficult to trust sometimes especially when life goes in a direction completely opposite from what you planned/hoped/expected. The sermon tonight was on peace & Gideon.

Peace I need and have in some ways been overwhelmed with, not because things are right or good at the moment or because I think they are how they are meant to be (they're certainly not), but rather because I know the God I serve brings peace in the midst of turmoil and does not leave things broken. Shalom is not bound by circumstances, praise God for that.

Gideon, of all the characters to bring up, I'm blown away that his story was the launching place for the sermon tonight. He is my biblical hero; he is with whom I most identify. He was the least likely candidate, the weakest one of the weakest clan, hiding out from the Midianites and God said, hey I picked you to be the hero. To use a completely outdated pop culture reference, I'm sure Gideon thought he was being Punk'd. That's a good one God, very funny God. Do you want me to help you find who you were really looking for? It's totally easy to get confused, we all look alike in our robes & long beards, no worries I can help point you in the right direction.

I'm so glad my God is one who doesn't make the "obvious" choice because at the end of the day we're all Gideon. We're all too weak to do what has been asked of us & that's really the point, only through God is anything good or worthwhile able to be accomplished. No part of my life out here is possible without the hand of God. It's so important to be reminded of that.

Please be praying, I am facing my toughest challenge to date. Hope is really all I have left to hang onto, but I am filled with hope that the future can be as was for so long imagined. Oh how I pray it might be so...

Hold me til' morning
Love me right now
Catch me, I'm falling
Never let go
Hold me til' morning
Love me right now

Stop
Let my love surround you
Safe
My face inside your hands

- Plumb "Hold Me"

Comments