Skip to main content

surrounded by angels

About 2 months ago I sent a few messages back and forth with a woman named Jessica on Flickr. Her wedding story had been featured on Offbeatbride.com. This has been a favorite site of mine for a couple years as I love wedding stuff and party planning. It's pretty much the best of both worlds and furthermore gives great ideas for cost saving measures, and what 20-something party planner on a budget couldn't use that? Jessica's story caught my attention because she had a beautiful outdoor wedding for under $1000! That's AMAZING. And as it's my goal when the time comes to have a wedding for under $2000, I thought it would be useful to pick her brain for future reference if she was open to it. Thankfully she was very kind. One of my main questions was about photography and as fate would have it she's a photographer within reasonable driving distance of Los Angeles and said that she'd be happy to work out a deal with us if possible. That in itself was very generous of her & while we weren't at a place to start having such concrete discussions it was nice to know the potential was there. But what's even better than that was that I emailed her back recently to let her know of the breakup and that I really appreciated her generosity and that God-willing things would work out and I would be contacting her again in the near future. She wrote back to me and told me that she was praying for me and to let her know if she could do anything for me. I was delighted & astounded. I had an inkling that she was a Christian, but even so to have someone with whom I had only had a bit of correspondence tell me she was praying for me was so encouraging. It's amazing when the body of Christ comes together like that.

I met another angel tonight. I had dinner with my coworker Ron and his wife Iolanda. I met Iolanda tonight for the first time and she is such an encouraging, light-filled, fun woman. They had been wanting to take me out for Indian food for some time and tonight it finally worked out, what a blessing in itself. But Ron & his wife are also both very religious people and we had wonderful discussions of God's plan and provision and faith and trust. It was all very uplifting. They too are praying for me and said that everything will work out as it should. I definitely believe that. God has a plan here and I know that in the end it will astound me how it all comes together, but I honestly believe that now is a time for strength & growth & patience and while I hope it is not protracted (though I am willing to wait should God indicate such) I know that should He mend this thing it will be even better than it was before. What an amazing thought! I am holding fast to hope and it is a bit scary, but I am resting confidently in God to bring about what he has in store for my life.

In additional news, check out "The Grey Man" from Copeland's upcoming album You Are My Sunshine. Sadly it doesn't seem from track listing that the titular song is on the album, but I'm hoping it'll appear as a bonus track. Regardless, the new song is good & worth a few listens.

Enjoy & watch for flying monkeys, but don't get them confused with angels. Angels=good. Flying monkeys=bad. With that I am off to read or watch Gilmore Girls or sleep or all of the above, maybe for a really good trick I'll try all 3 at once! You wish you were as talented as
I am. ;)

Comments

aziner said…
thank you very much my dear Shauna. you are a light in a dim time.