Skip to main content

almost there & nowhere near it, all that matters is we're going

Even considering the fact that my friend Jodi & I were locked out of her car for 2+ hours today, I had one of the best days I've had in nearly 2 months.

This morning started out with a trip to the Calabasas Pumpkin Festival, which we attempted to attend last year but were informed upon our arrival that it had been cancelled due to high winds and the proximity of the wildfires in Malibu. We went sad-hearted to IHOP instead--still had a good time, but not quite what we had anticipated. Well this year thankfully we were able to go, not entirely the same group unfortunately, but most of us made our return & enjoyed a pumpkiny good time.

Then this afternoon I went on a lovely hike with my friend Jodi on some bluffs overlooking the ocean. It was excellent & had been far too long since I'd gotten out for a good hike. The unfortunate incident of the keys locked in the car came next, but my plans for the evening were pretty much just to hang out with Jodi & I still got to do that, so no big loss really. Plus the people who let us use their phone to call AAA (my phone at Jodi's & Jodi's phone locked in with the keys) were very kind and had the cutest, sweetest pit bull/pointer mix & I got to play with her while we waited, so that was very nice. I look forward to when I can own a puppy.

After that the greatest part of the day happened--I know you're expecting me to mention the Red Sox game, but in fact something even better than that occurred today! See as we were driving to the hike we passed by my favorite grocery store ever--Henry's! I had no idea there was one so close to Jodi's place. I was afraid I'd never have a chance to go there again, and while the San Pedro Henry's is entirely 2nd rate to the one in Fullerton, the 2nd best version of my favorite grocery store is definitely better that zero versions of my favorite grocery store. Among other goodies, I picked up my favorite Vanilla Fig Newton bars which I have been so craving & which are way better than what Nabisco peddles, and I picked up my favorite vitamin water Vital-T which is becoming increasingly impossible to locate.

Oh and after we left Henry's I heard the bottom of the 9th of the Red Sox game & we won!! I'm STOKED about that, but really it was just icing on the cake of an already good day. Looking forward to tomorrow's game--should be a good one & I think Lester will be in good form on the mound so don't be surprised when the Sox take the AL pennant tomorrow night!

Comments