Skip to main content

aurora borealis

I'd love to travel up north--far enough to see the lights dance across the sky as they do. Far away from cities & people. I want to sit on the roof of some small town inn, wrapped in a blanket sipping earl grey creme. I think I'd feel closer to God up there, alone on the roof, watching his brush strokes in action. I've wanted to do it for several years, only before it was on a porch in rocking chairs & not alone, but still with blankets & tea. But maybe some things you just have to do by yourself, maybe clarity comes more easily to an undistracted heart. Honestly I don't believe that, not even a little, but I'm trying to convince myself. I don't want to miss out on life while I'm waiting for someone to join me on the roof, though really it'd be quite difficult to carry blankets & tea up there all by oneself...

Comments

sherry said…
Wow. You speak my heart.
aziner said…
As beautiful as the unique ability of women to speak to one another's hearts is and as much as I enjoy our friendship & the various ways we connect, in truth I really wish neither of us understood this.