Skip to main content

no more cowbell!

I am VERY disappointed with the horrible calls the home plate ump made tonight in the 11th inning of the Red Sox/Rays game. Look, I get it, they've been at it for 5+ hours, there's no certain end in sight, you're tired, you want to go home & go to bed. But you DO NOT MORPH THE STRIKE ZONE. Come on!! I understand that some calls are difficult to see if you're not standing right behind home plate. I get it & will begrudgingly admit that maybe sometimes a ball that looks like a strike is a ball. BUT that wasn't the case tonight. In the 11th the Rays were given a ginormous strike zone & the Red Sox were given a minuscule one. That's ridiculous. Ugh.

At least we go to Fenway now with Lester starting on Monday. I don't think the Red Sox are gonna be a team anyone's gonna want to mess with on Monday. Or for the rest of the games at Fenway for that matter. If I were a betting woman I'd say the Sox will finish this at home. Maybe that's just hope talking, but there's only one October.

If you don't hear from me for a couple days I'll be out looking for the real Josh Beckett--we're gonna need him for the World Series. Lester & Matsuzaka can't carry it all on their own. And then after that I'm gonna try to sit down with tonight's home plate ump for a "friendly" chat & show him some strike zone diagrams. And also offer to sub for him should he become too tired to do his job during extra innings. *rolls eyes*

Comments