Skip to main content

welcome to October

(This starts off bad, but it gets better I promise!)

For most of the day I felt like Azina and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. The day started off with needing air in my tires & one of them I just couldn't get a good seal on so instead of air going in, air only came out. I asked for help from the gas station mechanic & he told me the tires were full enough (they were not) and treated me like just some dumb girl. Now, I know I'm not dumb & some random stranger doesn't hold enough power over me to make me feel bad about myself, but it was frustrating & a waste of time & HOT. He did put some air in & the car drove much better--imagine that! I ended up being slightly late to work, but I called my boss to let him know & it was no problem. Work in itself was just frustrating for a million reasons. I had a frustrating email from a friend to whom I laid out some things from my heart & she made me feel completely misunderstood & glossed over. And it was an unholy amount of HOT outside today. It's the first day of October! If the weather didn't get the memo last week on the first day of fall, surely by now it should start realizing it's time to cool off & maybe rain a little, right??? Apparently not.

Well it didn't cool off, even now we're hanging out around 80, but the day did pick up. I got an email from another friend & she had some very wise & comforting words. Then I was picked up from work by my roomie & one of her co-workers who had free tickets to the So You Think You Can Dance tour. And the show tonight was A-MAZ-ING! Wow. Seriously, if you like the show even a smidge, I think you'd love the tour. Sooo good.

Before the show they had been playing music over the speakers and one song started that threatened to tear mightily at my heart and wouldn't you know about 15 seconds into the song they finally started the show, about 25 minutes late. I felt such a blessing & relief wash over me in that moment.

Something else fantastic happened tonight, can't quite remem--ohhh that's right! The Red Sox won game 1 of the ALDS against the nearly unstoppable Angels! And my wonderful baby brother (sorry Ravi, no matter how old you get or how much bigger than me you are, you'll always be my baby brother) was texting me with score updates. Pretty much can't beat that.

Here's hoping October can stay on this upward trend. I'd love for a Red Sox World Series repeat, I'd love to feel understood & loved by those in my life, I'd love to be able to recognize blessing no matter the size, and I'd love to have joy like I did tonight.

Hope your Octobers have started off well or that they shape up pretty quickly.

Now if we could only address this weather thing . . .

Comments