Skip to main content

WOW!

Something happened tonight that has never happened before. I take my baseball seriously & I really love it, and it can definitely get to me, but tonight was different. For the first time baseball made me cry. My Red Sox were down 5-0 in the top of the 7th, our closer had come in early because our pitching staff just couldn't hack it all night and then all too quickly we were down 7-0. And I was sad. It's been a down & out week for me due to sickness & just dealing with life. And my team was down & out and it just really got to me. I seriously considered changing the channel because I couldn't handle the potential disappointment. But something in me said, if they come back you don't want to miss it. You don't want to take your eye off the potential magic. And then in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs, the Red Sox woke up. They started playing baseball again. The 7th closed with the score at 7-4. In the 8th we tied it up. Top of the 9th with 1 out we got out of a potentially sticky situation with a double play. And then in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs & an ugly possibility of extra innings looming & few good pitchers available to handle them, we brought home the winning run. And just like that the Red Sox are back in it. It's still gonna take work, but again it's not over til it's over.

This is why I love baseball. I think for me it points to a larger picture of the universe. When hope seems completely futile & the last nail seems to be in the coffin something amazing happens. That's why you gotta keep believing. It doesn't always work out as you want it, but you don't want to be on a different channel for when it does. Sometimes God speaks to us exactly in ways we can understand, for me sometimes it's through baseball. Here's looking forward to Saturday--LET'S GO RED SOX!!!!

Comments