Skip to main content

better than Santa Claus: Shauna's Coming to Town

This has been cracking me up lately. Mind your volume; the sound quality isn't great. The song is originally from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, but I think the random humor stands on its own & in fact I did not really begin to appreciate the song until I heard this cover by Of Montreal. I have an mp3 of it that's better quality, so if anyone finds it as amusing as I do let me know & I'd be happy to share the love.

--------------------------------------

In Ben Hur there's a scene where the titular character is a slave on a Roman ship & he's referred to by his slave number, 41. For some reason the way one of the Roman dudes shouts out 41! has stuck with me since I first saw the film. It came to mind today as I thought, 41 days til Shauna comes to visit!

Shauna has been mentioned several times here. She is in fact the one who got me started in this whole crazy world of blogging--you can visit her blog with the link over there on the right. She is one of my dearest friends, a kindred spirit, and I can only hope that one day God will bring us to live in cities much closer to one another. In the meantime, thankfully she has been able to make quite a few trips out this way over the past several years. I am so greatly looking forward to seeing her at the end of this year. We have both had pretty difficult falls and it will be wonderful to be able to share in some of the healing process in person for a week. She told me she was going to make a countdown to her trip and I decided to follow suit, kindergarten style. Seriously, if more people exercised a lesson from kindergarten once a day or even once a week I'm pretty sure we could end war, famine, and global warming. Just think about it.

This is the art project I made last night:



It the Hooray Shauna's Coming Countdown to Winter Awesomeness! I had a great time making it & think everyone would be a lot happier if they did silly things like paper chain countdowns and coloring and coffee filter snowflakes. I went to bed with my hands smelling of crayons & I loved it! Next time you're bored or having a bad day or just have the free time I highly recommend recapturing something from kindergarten.

Comments

Unknown said…
WOW!! this post has made me feel so special and not in the stop eating the paste kind of way! :)

i cannot wait! you are amazing dear friend!
aziner said…
yay for the GG reference! :)

you ARE special & I'm so excited you're visiting!