Skip to main content

The Daybreak Project

Last week a friend brought up the story of Jacob wrestling with God and how Jacob said, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." She said, don't let go, don't give up until you receive your blessing. Jacob wrestled til daybreak. I think that's metaphorically significant--the night will end, the sun will rise, and God will bless you, just hang on long enough for it. (Genesis 32:22-32)

I've been struggling with God lately. Strangely I feel my faith is at a strong point, but so is my frustration. And I realized this afternoon that I'm not just frustrated for myself, but I'm frustrated that there are several women I know whose hearts ache in the exact same way that mine does. We long to be married; we feel called to it; we hope for it; we dream of it.

The thing that's most difficult about it is that most if not all of the women who come to mind right now are amazing women of God and all of them are strong & beautiful & fun people. And for whatever reason, they like myself are continually told to wait. I'm not okay with that. And I decided I'm not letting go until God not only blesses me, but blesses all of these women.

So today I've decided that I'm going to pray fervently for Godly men to come into the lives of women who greatly desire to marry. I will be keeping a list of names so that we can rejoice in the testimonies as God answers these prayers. If this applies to you or someone you know and you feel comfortable doing so, please give me your name and/or any friends' names and I will add you/them to the list. You have my promise that I will be praying for you & your friends by name through the days of all of our "I do's" regardless of the order in which they may come.

I would also ask that any of you who feel inclined to do so join me in this project, no matter where you find yourself in life. Pray over the women on this list. Pray for the men in our communities that they would rise up in strength and courage, that they would seek wise counsel from older men as they pursue a future wife. Married people, I ask that you pray for others the blessing which you have already received. Single people, I ask that you pray alongside me and that you continue to pray with us after God blesses you with a spouse.

I am working on creating a separate website that will be a dedicated space to this for the months and years to come. I am very serious about this and I hope that many of you will join me in it. I plan to launch the site in the next few days, be on the lookout here for an update.

Comments

aziner said…
I figured I'd get the ball rolling by adding my name to the list--Azina L.

(in order to prevent confusion, if you could supply a last initial for any names added to the list that would be great!)
aziner said…
my dear friend, you were already on my personal list, but thank you for being bold & posting your name here! :)

Thank you also for praying! The website is well on its way and I am very excited about this. I'm glad to have you joining me in it.

I look forward to your thoughts and blog on this desire.