Skip to main content

things to be thankful for

Sunday nights are my least favorite as they mean Monday is once again right around the corner. But instead of having a bad attitude about Monday I thought I'd reflect on a few good things from the weekend.

Cheesy movies--I watched Made of Honor and Center Stage 2 this weekend. Both are about as good as they look, which means they can't really be categorized as good in any cinematic sense, but they are both amusing & were good for a little weekend escapism. Sometimes it's good not to be a movie snob, one of my favorite movie going experiences was to a film I had little desire to see, but the company was worth it and it ended up being a really fun experience.

Pumpkin pie--I bought one at Ralph's tonight. I haven't really been excited enough about fall (nor has fall really existed much) to do any pumpkin baking yet this year, so store bought pumpkin goods are a happy substitute.

2:15--I finished cooking for cafe tonight in a record 2 hours and 15 minutes! This has never happened for me in the history of cooking for cafe ever! (3 years) I was pretty stoked about that, especially as this was the first time in a really long time that I cooked by myself & honestly it would have been difficult to be in the kitchen for much longer. I'm having a hard time reclaiming my love for cooking & a part of me can't help but look toward the kitchen window & hope to see a familiar friendly face walk up. I'm somewhat glad that I don't cook for cafe again for over a month. Hopefully between now & then something will spark in me again. But! this isn't about that, this is about finishing 48 servings in 2:15. That's pretty exciting!

Bright orange sunset--there's something about smoke in the air (you may have heard about all the fires here, please be praying for everyone affected) that causes the most amazing sunsets. I imagine it has to do with the way the smoke refracts the sunlight, regardless of the reason, the sunset was fiery, neon orange tonight & it was beautiful. I like that the way my God made the world certain beautiful things are only visible after/through/in the shadow of darker or difficult things. It gives me hope that something wonderful & for His glory that I never would have appreciated as much or seen with the same eyes will come as I walk through this difficult time. I hope it eases up sooner rather than later, but whatever the timeline I have faith that He has something marvelously breathtaking planned. I am praying for it & holding out for it.

Comments

aziner said…
haha thanks friend! yay for you too!