Skip to main content

but there is not enough time

I've taken to praying in the car, particularly while I drive to work, but at other times too. It (sort of) helps with frustration toward individuals whose IQ's may be slightly lower than what should be required for operating a motor vehicle. And more importantly it gives me a dedicated half hour to spend with God every morning.

The other day while driving to work I was thinking about time from my perspective and how sometimes it can seem like time is running out for God to do the things I hope He's going to do in my life. And then I got a gentle reminder of Creation. God created the world in 6 days: plants, animals, oceans, land, sky, stars, people. If He can do that, what makes me think He could ever run out of time to work in my life? Every day is a movement toward whatever He's planning. Even if I can't see the movement day to day, I can trust He's at work. And who knows? In 6 days my life may look completely different. Our lives aren't static; God is always moving us toward something. I can't wait to see to where He's brought me by Friday. :) Or in a month or the month after that.

In just under 2 months I will be 27. I've had a hard time since college not counting birthdays as milestones of another year gone by without God moving in ways I hope/pray for. This year I'm seeing it as another year lived & learned & moved toward hopes & dreams. I can't say why God waits longer to fulfill certain dreams (marriage, kids, career, education, etc.) in some people's lives than in others. I find it extremely frustrating sometimes, but I do know that He's been teaching me a lot lately. Could he have taught those things in the midst of a marriage? Absolutely, but for whatever reason He's decided to go with His plan instead of mine. ;) And when He does bring the fulfillment of that particular dream I can enter into it knowing that my foundation in God is stronger than it's been at any point in my life and I know that will work toward a better foundation between my future husband and me. That alone makes the frustration and waiting worth it--though I must admit that I hope the frustration isn't going to last that much longer. Lessons are great and all, but not everything has to be learned before marriage, otherwise we'd all be outta luck.

Seriously though, I'm happy with me and who God is making me to be. It's a tough journey, anything worthwhile seems to be that way, but even though I can't always see what He's doing on a daily basis, I can look back and see that He has been and continues to be at work. And I look forward to seeing what a God who can make monkeys, turtles, freesia, evergreens, oceans, mountains, sun, stars, man, woman, and so much more in only 6 days will do in my life in the upcoming days and weeks.

Comments