Skip to main content

not the medicine talking

The amount of sinus congestion trying to squish my brain out my ears coupled with the fact that I just took Target brand cold & sinus nighttime medication with antihistamines which will probably be knocking me out any time in the next 3-5 minutes may result in this post not making any sense. And yet I still felt the desire to post something this evening.

I hope you all had lovely Thanksgivings. Mine was fairly relaxed. I got frustrated with people who got a little cranky when the turkey wasn't done as quickly as expected--it gets done when it gets done! But that wasn't too bad. The only truly horrible part of the day was trying to get the turkey innards from the turkey and into the garbage. Nicole's office gives away free turkeys every year, which is very kind of them, however they buy slightly cheaper turkeys than I would have sprung for. Still free is free & you can't complain, that is until you stuff your arm elbow-length into a cold bird carcass expecting to pull out a neck in a bag and instead put your hand around a cold dead, non-bagged turkey neck. I'm sure my girly, heebie-jeebie reaction was quite hilarious. It's funny looking back, but in the moment I was entirely grossed out. If we get the free turkey again I'm totally going to try sweet-talking someone into de-necking the bird for me. eww.

Seems strange that Christmas is only 3 weeks away. I will be staying in LA for the first time this year. It was a hard decision to come to, but one that was necessary for me. I've been going through a lot lately. The good thing that's come out of all of this is that I've been drawing closer & closer to God. And I've started seeing a counselor. It's hard sometimes not to think, well that's for people with real problems. I've come to realize over the past year that if you're a human, living is this fallen world, you will face problems that you can't always deal with on your own. Sometimes the aid of friends or pastors is enough and sometimes it's not. This time for me it wasn't. And I have no qualms sharing with you that I'm seeing someone. She's a sweet Christian woman with children around my age. Talking to her helps me; getting the outside perspective of someone with no vested interest helps me. And the interesting thing I've come to realize through this is that many of my friends have sought counseling at one time or another in their lives. That's why I'm sharing this here with you. I know many of you faithful readers are at similar places in your lives as I am & if it helps knowing someone else has said, okay enough I need more help with my life stuff than I was getting, then I'm glad. If that's the little push you need to seek someone else to talk to, then I know God is using this difficult time in my life for something bigger than me, and really sometimes that is all I can hope for. I'm thankful for the friends who've been that push for me.

Comments