Skip to main content

uh oh spaghettios

First of all, thank you SO much to all of you who have visited The Daybreak Project. The support & prayers I've received from many of you for it really mean a lot. We're now up to 3 names! :) The growth is somewhat slow, but I'm excited for the things God is doing and will do through it. This weekend I wrote a new post for the blog over there and will aim to post something new at least semi-regularly.

I've been on somewhat of a Spaghettios kick lately. By that I mean I've had 3 cans for various meals this week whereas before this week I can't remember the last time I had Spaghettios. They're highly underrated & very cheap at Target (half of what they cost at Ralph's). Now that I mention it, Ralph's is a funny name for a grocery store, right?

Anyway, this recent Spaghettios resurgence in my life reminded me of a specific childhood lunch. I was sitting at the kitchen table when I came across something hard from my bowl of Spaghettios. It was small, skinny, white, and to me looked very much like an uncooked piece of pasta, as if one of the O's had broken and somehow had snuck into my lunch uncooked. I showed my mom & she realized it was in fact a tooth I had lost while eating lunch--I was at the age for such things. Easiest tooth I ever lost. I remember many incidences of tonguing very loose teeth too scared to pull them or to let anyone else do it. Then of course there were the many adventures to the dentist wherein I had something like 13 teeth pulled including 4 permanent ones as my mouth simply isn't large enough for all of the teeth I'm supposed to have. Ironically I have thus far been able to keep my wisdom teeth. And there you have my random tangents into canned pasta and dentistry. I feel there is no more appropriate way to close this post than to remind you of that ever useful caution, watch for flying monkeys.

Comments

Bahil said…
Once i lost a tooth eating biscuits and gravy, but I wasn't a kid...it was two years ago. Coincidentally, I just chipped a tooth sunday, on a club sandwich.
aziner said…
Phil, I would like to introduce you to 3 scientific breakthroughs here in America:
1. orange juice
2. calcium
3. modern dentistry

They're pretty new, so you might not have read about them yet, but they should help prevent the loss of teeth while trying to gnaw on soft, gooey foods such as biscuits & gravy...hope this helps! ;)