Skip to main content

top 10 reasons to move to Jersey

I had coffee with my friend Jay tonight. At what point did Starbucks stop teaching its baristas how to pull shots well? A good 50% of the time, regardless of what establishment that I patron, regardless of what city, the coffee tastes burnt. Ugh. (I do realize some baristas are good at what they do.)

Anyway, Jay's insight on the what should I do with my life? question was, "you should move to Jersey!" Throughout the next hour he randomly tossed in a few compelling reasons why it was a good idea and I've decided to add some of my own. Now, I'm not seriously considering any of these, but figured they were worth sharing for amusement's sake. :)

1. I've never met anyone from Jersey I didn't like--of course I only really know like 5 people from Jersey, but 100% is still 100%
2. I'd be closer to Boston=closer to the Red Sox!
3. it's cheaper
4. there are still places to snowboard
5. I like Princeton
6. it's not likely to be 80 degrees in January
7. Garden State is one of my favorite movies
8. I'd have an instant job working for Jay's landscaping company--hahahaha. me + gardening really is laughable
9. Zach Braff is from there
10. my favorite character on CSI:NY is from Jersey

In other news, I ushered my mom into the blogging world over the weekend. She's mentioned a couple of times in the past few months that she'd like to write a book, though she's not sure on what. I encouraged her to blog as a way to help discover about what she enjoys writing and to help refine her voice. You'll find her blog over there to the right through the link aptly titled "Mom."

Comments

aziner said…
haha all very good points. and I really have no desire to live in Jersey, but if I did proximity to you would definitely be at the top of the list. :) I don't really see myself moving east, if anything I'd probably head north toward Oregon.