Skip to main content

good times never seemed so good

so good! so good! so good!

Inspired by Neil Diamond performing "Sweet Caroline" on the Grammy's tonight and my ever growing excitement at the nearness of Spring Training, I started putting together a Red Sox playlist tonight. Right now the only songs I'm sure will go on there are "Sweet Caroline" and Dropkick Murphys' "Shipping Up to Boston." But I have found several lists of what songs each player requests to be played when he goes up to bat, so that will give me some ideas through which to sift.

Have I mentioned how I love baseball? ;)

Meanwhile, Manny Ramirez remains unsigned which is surprising to me. I'm really disappointed at how I feel (devil agent) Scott Boras is handling the negotiations. There's no reason why Manny shouldn't have been signed over a month ago with a greater contract than he has any hope of getting at this point. As much as I dislike how Manny acted toward the end of his time with Boston, I do think he's a good player & fits really well with the Dodgers. Unfortunately, if they're patient enough to sign him still he's lost out on the best offer he could have gotten from them. Hopefully something is settled before the start of Spring Training.

In case anyone is wondering, no I don't feel threatened by the Yankees antics during the off-season. I'm not at all concerned about the pitchers they acquired. Their signing of slugger Teixeira was shocking to me, and it will likely mean the return of the rightful #1 & #2 in the AL East--the Sox & Yanks, still not sure how the Rays snuck in there. But as good as Teixeira is, one man doesn't make a team. The Yanks will likely be great this year, but so will the Sox. And we have a better mix of youth & experience and if the John Henry model has taught us anything, in the 2000s that means more than buying up players. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Comments