Skip to main content

welcome to February!

In my nearly 5 years of blogging, the only tradition I've kept well is my first day of February post. I'm pleased to bring you the 2009 edition today. Throughout the years I have posted several reasons why February is awesome. The only 2 that really seem to warrant mention at the moment are the quirky spelling and of course it's my birthday month! :)

I'm pleased to report that February is off to a lovely start. January went out like an ugly, screaming banshee. Thankfully February is being far more congenial thus far. Today I was blessed to spend the afternoon with my good friend Jodi and reacquaint with her friend Sarah. We started off at a small bar just off the beach for snacks & the 1st half of the Super Bowl. I hate football, but enjoy the social aspect of the Super Bowl.

At halftime we walked back to Jodi's apartment. We watched part of the 3rd quarter on the couch and then eventually ended up in Jodi's room, laying on her bed watching the smaller tv & having girl talk. I was amused at how progressively girlier our afternoon became, and I think that's why I so enjoyed the Super Bowl today. I didn't watch half the game, but I got to be around amazing women, laugh, talk about life, frustrations, dating, dream weddings, and various domestic things. I drove home barely bothered by the unexpected congestion on the freeway because I was just so blessed to have a joy-filled afternoon. There's really nothing like silly, girlie times & talking through football. :)

The past 5 months have been some of the most difficult I've ever had to walk through with countless breaking points that I've only survived by the grace of God. I'm hoping that a new trend is starting and that the next several months to come will be filled with brighter paths & a lighter heart. I think February's just the right time for that to start.

Comments

Lindsey said…
I think you're off to a good start. :)
Lindsey
aziner said…
Thanks, Lindsey! btw I'm happy to share a birthday month with you! :)