Skip to main content

kiss the stars with me

I have had a great 4 day weekend. It was really nice spending the weekend with my sister, brothers, sister-in-law, and youngest nephew. It was also fun seeing the Red Sox for their 3 games against the Angels, even though we lost 2 of 3 games. (boo hoo hoo) Even though every game counts, I do have to remember that this is only the first week of the season and I need to be patient for them to settle into their groove.

I always have such a hard time going back to work after time off, even just one day. I always pictured that by this point in my life I'd be a housewife/stay-at-home mom. As it is, I'm considering going back to school and completely changing my career path--a thought that really makes me sad. The idea of four more years of school and who knows how much more debt is nauseating & burdensome. I don't really know what else to do at this point.

I started keeping a list of all the things I'd like to do in a given day or week to help determine what career might fit those things--sleep in (we're talking 9am here not noon) go to Farmer's Markets, go to baseball games, be outside, write, read, spend time with people, go out for coffee, cook. Now of course I do all of those things now, but that's in addition to a 40 hour work week that just takes a lot out of me--time among other things. So, really the only conclusion that I've come to is, marry rich. haha. I'm kidding (at least slightly), but really it'd be nice. Of course when children come into the picture I realize things would change, but I'm totally okay with that.

I got a flat tire tonight. No idea how it happened. Got home from dropping Amber & A.J. off at LAX just fine, went to the garage a few hours later to go to dinner & there it was, completely flat. I hate dealing with car stuff. Standing downstairs at 8 o'clock at night I found myself just really wishing that I had a man to help me deal with it, to look out for me & protect me. As a woman I so desire to have someone there to step in for me. Of course I can handle those things for myself, but I hate being in a world where I have no choice but to. Sometimes it'd be nice to have a man to cover & protect me with his strength so that I could just enjoy being a soft & sweet woman. I wish I had any idea of when/if those days were coming...

For now it's off to bed, gotta get up early to take the car in before work. :\

To end on a happy note, here's a picture of Ravi & me at the Sox game on Friday. Sooo glad baseball is back!

Comments

Pete said…
Ravi looks like one tough cookie.

BTW. Don't be concerned until you actually start participating in the LARPs.

Lucy is convinced I'm like two seconds away from doing just that.

I probably would if there was anyway to keep it a secret ::ponder::.