Skip to main content

oh captain my captain

In under 7 innings, Varitek (Red Sox Catcher & Captain) can hit 2 homeruns that gave us the win, go to bat (so-to-speak) with the homeplate ump on Josh Beckett's behalf, and take an ejection that otherwise would have likely been handed to the Ace. And of course Francona came out to protect Tek which landed him his own ejection. Settle down Ump Tichenor! Check this out.

This was in the same inning that the Twins catcher and manager were also thrown out by Tichoner. I think someone needs to go back to umpire school and get off the power trip. Ridiculous. Yes, I know you can't argue balls & strikes, but give me a break. If both teams are that upset with you, your umping is probably made of fail.

Oh well, at least we got the win. And we're on top of the AL East, so that part of the world is exactly as it should be! :)

Comments

aziner said…
indeed. I'm so glad we kept him this season!