Skip to main content

time rewinds to the end of May

Today was bookended by sorrow and joy. Upon arriving at work this morning, I learned that one of the beloved executives of the company had passed away unexpectedly. I had a brief cry over it this morning, but I know that once my mind fully comprehends the reality, tears will flow more freely. At this moment it still feels unreal.

Conversely, this evening I was blessed to reconnect with a very dear friend whom I had not truly hung out with in 6 months! It's unbelievable how quickly time can pass & how a missed coffee date here or there can turn into half a year passing. But oh what delight there is in picking up as if no more than a day or two had passed and laughing & sharing about everything from tv shows about vampires to celebration & love.

This friend, Maria, recently celebrated her 5th wedding anniversary with her wonderful husband James. And she sat there telling me about a love story & journey that has developed over and lasted far longer than 5 years. She told me about a man whose love is a glimpse of God's love. My heart rejoiced with her & her story. And it gave me hope that there is a man like that out there for me, and someday I will be crying & laughing with her over my own love story.

I have no doubt that Maria will be a lifelong friend, and I so look forward to all the adventures that God has in store for us both.

Comments