Skip to main content

since we last met

It's been too long since I've stopped by here. It's ridiculously early in the morning & I should be finishing up packing for India & try to catch a few hours sleep, but I decided I'd rather stop by here instead since I will likely be without internet for the next 2 1/2 weeks.

Much has transpired in the last month. Here are some of the more notable happenings.

- was sick for much of my final 2 weeks in Los Angeles--the apex of which was a bout with tonsillitis. I'm happy to say that I won, but not before a trip to the worst doctor ever, $60 worth of Chinese herbs being pushed on me, tears of pain & frustration, and finally a prescription for an antibiotic which cleared things up almost entirely after only 2 doses.

- moved from Los Angeles to Texas. Said goodbye to some of the most amazing people in the world and embarked on a new life chapter. I'm still kind of waiting for the full reality to hit me. Prior to the move there were 3 tear-filled moments--telling the staff for my church's cafe that I was leaving, telling my roomie, and telling one of my best friends. But there haven't been any tears since I left. On the one hand that's great & helps confirm that this is the right decision. But on the other hand, let's face it, I'm a crier so it's bound to happen sooner or later, after all as good & right as this move was, it's still quite a big life change. In pursuing one path & a new set of opportunities, I have made a decision to close the door on another, to miss out on certain events & moments with beloved friends, to leave a wonderful church, and to step down from a ministry that I helped build. Given how busy this time of year is, however, I don't think the processing of this all will really happen until sometime in January. We shall see.

- speaking of busyness--India. starting over in Texas presented me with a unique opportunity to travel to India with my dad as I do not have to ask for time off from anyone. Since it is already Sunday morning, we leave tonight. My oldest niece (who is nearly 7) is going with us. This will be my first trip to India in nearly 16 years. It has been far too long. I am not particularly looking forward to the flying part--I dislike flying & the flight is far too long to even contemplate--I am very excited to get back to India. I'm told much has changed in my family's hometown. I'm curious to see it. I hope it has not become too Western & too unrecognizable.

- Prior to leaving LA I got to see Flyleaf with my dear friend Dan, my brother, and new friend Shanna. It was such an amazing show & a great way to cap off one of my last nights in town.

- I've been in TX for about 2 weeks now. It's been wonderful getting to spend so much time with my sister, brother-in-law, and nieces & nephews. It's a bit loud & crazy at times, but I couldn't imagine anything better.

Alright, I've taken more than enough of a break! I will be back from India in early December. I will do my best to post quickly upon my return. If you're lucky, you may even get a photo update. :)

Comments

sherry said…
What a journey! I'm assuming and update is on its way!
sherry said…
And by "and" I obviously mean "an."