Skip to main content
Tonight I caught up on a couple of shows I had DVR'd & was disappointed by both of them because of their all too lifelike portrayals of romantic relationships in turmoil. I found myself wishing for some good ole sappy romantic crap. I share this with you now because honestly I was a bit astonished by this. I am a sincere romantic, but 7 or so years ago I all but entirely swore off of Hollywood's depiction of romance due to its hollow & unrealistic nature. And yet tonight I realized I was in a place where a dose of sappiness would have been just dandy.

I dare not dive too deeply into this or strain to derive too large a meaning from it, but I do think it is a result of happiness. This is not to say that in the last 7 years I have never been happy, that would be patently false, but I am in a very good place right now. I'm excited about all the possibilities life in Texas holds, and I think I am opposed to anything that might burst my bubble right now--even if it is just a sappy tv romance bubble. ;)

Comments