Skip to main content

where are all your friends?

A few days ago my 3-year-old nephew asked me, "Aunt Azina, where are all your priends?" His f's tend to come out as p's. And he has this uncanny knack for saying rather perceptive things, though I doubt he is really aware of his profundity. I explained to him that all of my friends live in other places, and we agreed that I need to make some new friends now that I live in Texas. After all, he wants my friend to come over to "his house" and visit him. I can't help but find that adorable. Though, any potential new friends may not find is so adorable when he tries to headbutt them or use them as a road for his trucks. ;) Oh, the world of young boys...

The meeting friends thing is kind of a tough one & something that really just takes time. I'm okay with that most days because I spend a lot of time with my sister and the 4 most adorable children on the planet, but I do lately feel a desire for the process to hasten and it's all because of February. I won't spoil my upcoming annual first day of February post for you, but as you probably know by now, among its many delightful attributes, February is my birthday month. Birthday celebrations almost undoubtedly require some friend-type individuals in one's relative vicinity.

I think that, coupled with the fact that I really don't know Houston very well yet has left me at a loss for how I want to celebrate this year. Normally by now I would have oodles of plans in the works & would have to whittle them down to something feasible & manageable. I kind of hate how when you're an adult you have to plan your own birthday stuff, which may sound odd given my love of penchant for planning, but sometimes it'd just be nice to have someone else plan a day of birthday delight. At any rate, right now there are no Fake Asia Nights or trips to favorite restaurants or girlie days or nose piercings planned. Of course my nose is already pierced, so it's not like that's something I would be planning again.

So I guess I'll send it out to the interwebs--anyone out there know of something that would be wonderful to do in Houston on my birthday? If you're the winning suggestion, maybe I'll send you cookies, so make it good! :)

Comments