Skip to main content
My dad needs heart surgery.

My dad needs heart surgery.

I cannot wrap my mind around that. When I found out this morning, I wanted to puke, cry, and then curl up in bed for the rest of the day. I cried as little as possible as I still had to make it through the day at work. After work there were still plenty of things to attend--we discussed details for going to Omaha instead of the planned trip to India, I made dinner, and 2 of our amazing friends came over for coffee since we didn't feel like going out anywhere to meet them. Ashlee even picked up Starbucks for everyone.

Now that I have reached the end of the day and am alone in my room, though, that pukey feeling has returned. I have no idea how to unwind from a day like this. I am trying not to predetermine that everyday will be like this until my dad is safe at home after surgery, but I don't see this uneasiness relenting any other way.

My dad has several blockages in his heart, including a 99% blockage of what doctors call the "widow maker." I take great umbrage at that term. While it is denotatively quite serious, I can't help but feel that nicknaming something removes some amount of seriousness about it. I find it bothersome. I'd much rather they just use big Latin medical jargon that makes little to no sense, but is at least more weighty and is far less likely to be used in some bad stand up comedy routine. I digress.

I guess at this point the only thing left to say is please pray for my dad and my family as a whole.

Comments

Ashlee Liddell said…
Praying today goes better than yesterday, especially with the pukey feeling :(
aziner said…
Thank you. I am feeling better than I was Monday night. It helps to have everything scheduled and details figured out now, there's less unknown to face now.