Skip to main content

shall not be infringed

This morning my sister, my brother-in-law, and I went to the shooting range, and I got to shoot a gun for the first time. I wasn't the prodigy marksman I always hoped I might be, but I did alright. I got 3 shots in the bullseye and several in the surrounding inner circles. It was quite a fun way to spend a Saturday morning.

I have a healthy respect for guns, and while I certainly hope I never need to use a one to protect myself, my family, or anyone else, I appreciate that I have the right to do so. I am extremely grateful for the freedoms afforded to us in America.

I look forward to going to the range again, improving my aim, and figuring out what type of gun I am most comfortable with. After all I couldn't very well be a self-respecting Texan and not know how to handle a gun.

Comments