Skip to main content

cheesecake promises

Pie crust promises are easily made and easily broken.  Cheesecake promises are however something far more steadfast.  Today was rough, so this afternoon I texted my sister to see how she felt about cheesecake and Captain America tonight.  Like the wise sister that she is she thought it was an "excellent plan."

So after work, I headed toward the Cheesecake Factory.  The sky ahead of me was bluish grey and stormy; the sky behind me was sunny.  I hoped that I might see a rainbow.  I recognized that I didn't need one, today has not shaken my faith, but I just really wanted one.  What better way is there to feel God's promise and faithfulness reasserted?

I drove past where I would normally turn to go home, kept driving, and just before I turned onto the major road that would lead me to my destination, faintly across the whole sky was a rainbow.  I started crying.  It was beautiful and perfect.  My God shows up.  And if I hadn't decided today needed cheesecake, I would have missed out on that stellar reminder.

Comments