Skip to main content

send in the groundhogs

In my nearly 9 years of blogging, I have only missed my first day of February post once.  If you're new around here, first of all welcome and thank you for stopping by!  Secondly, February is a cherished and beloved month for many reasons, but primarily because it's my birthday month!  :)  Some other cool people I know have birthdays in February too.  I just started to list them, and then I realized it's actually a lot of people.  Woohoo February birthdays!

I love celebrating and birthdays are no exception.  Life is a gift and our days are numbered, so what possible reason would I have not to enjoy it?

Here are a few other things I'm stoked about this month.

Psych FINALLY returns!  This is one of my very favorite shows.  It had a doozy of a season finale last April.  Yes, that's right last April.  Nearly an entire season of baseball, the postseason, winter meetings, and the start of spring training will have taken place before Psych returns from hiatus.  That's okay though because season 7 premieres in the best month and they've already announced the show will have a season 8.  Yippee!

Speaking of baseball, Red Sox pitchers and catchers report February 10th!  Can you feel it?  Baseball is this close (imagine me holding my thumb and index finger close together) to being back!  And since the Astros are now an AL team, much to my sister's dismay (sorry!), it means the Red Sox will be visiting our fair city every year now!  Hazaa!

Oh back to Psych, sorry I get a wee bit excited when it comes to baseball.  ;)  Psych is holding its first-ever slumber party this year, in February!  Starting the evening of February 15th at midnight, USA network will air 7 episodes of Psych that have been voted on by fans.  They are reporting that other delights and surprises will go along with the slumber party.  It's crazy & silly, but you can bet I'll be participating!

In news unrelated to Psych or baseball, my sister recently signed up to be a Jamberry Nails consultant and her launch party is this month.  Jamberry is a nail wrap company.  Their products are made in the U.S. and are vegan and gluten free, so it's a fantastic alternative to nail polish.  I was super skeptical about these at first as it seemed like the process was far too involved, but really it's pretty easy and it's such a fun & beautiful product.  I'm very excited about the party!

This month is full of much more, but those are some of the things currently filling my head with excitement!  :)  Alright, groundhogs, you're up.  Do your thing.

Happy February!

Comments