Skip to main content

I will tell you what I can

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. - John 1:5

When the world is in turmoil, which is always even if it seems less bearable on some days than others, all I really know to do is to point people to truth.  When things are dark, the best thing anyone can do is to bring light to the situation.  I don't know of any better source of light to offer than Jesus, after all He has already defeated the darkness.

"Well you can't just throw Bible verses at someone's pain and go about your merry way."  I know that.  I also know that I have greater power to walk in compassion (literally suffering with) with those directly in my sphere of influence.  And you bet I'm going to point them to Jesus.  Because here's the reality, I can't heal their pain.  I can listen; I can be a friend; I can buy them coffee; but the only one who can begin to lift the burden of the injustices that everyone will face in this world to some degree or another is Jesus.  And only He can ultimately heal their pain.

I'm not going to tell anyone else how they should respond in the face of evil.  Plenty of others have plenty of opinions on that.  All I can do is my best to reflect light in this world by loving God & loving others.  For me these days that's done a lot more in person than online.  If you know me personally, text me & let's go get coffee.  I know a great local place.

If you don't know me personally, go grab coffee with someone you do know. While you're out buy coffee for the person in line behind you.  There's not many better ways to be a light in this world than surprising someone you don't know by purchasing overpriced hot bean water for them.  😉❤️  Also, be sure to share the love with your barista by tipping for all the drinks you purchase.  You can make the world a better place, it just might require that you put down your screens for awhile.

Okay, I guess I did tell you what to do, a little bit . . . the rest is up to you.

I will tell you what I can
But your mind will take a stand
I sing of a greater love
Let me know when you've had enough
Twenty One Pilots "Clear"

Comments