Skip to main content

someday...

I would paint for you a periwinkle sky
We would lie beneath it in the sweet green grass
And as the sun's warmth soaks into our skin
I'd ask to hear the story of your childhood
Dreams & aspirations
Joys & sorrows
I would listen to it all afternoon long
Until the sky dissolves into pink and orange
And you would wrap me in your arms
To ward off the evening chill
We would stay that way awhile in silence
Soon the dark would settle in
And the stars would claim the sky
You would kiss the top of my head
And suggest we go inside
Hesitantly I agree
I hear you sigh, not rushing to move
Eventually I lift my head from your chest
And shiver in the now obvious cold
You lace your fingers with mine as we walk back to the house
In the depth of your eyes I see such happiness tonight

Comments

Galen said…
I like it a lot. It's very colorful. What inspired you to write it?
aziner said…
I was just thinking about an afternoon I would like to spend with a special someone someday, whoever and wherever he may be.
Jessica said…
it's really pretty. you paint an inspiring picture.
Galen said…
Well, here's hoping you find your periwinkle sky.
aziner said…
aww, that's sweet galen, thank you

and thank you jj :)