Skip to main content

insert clever title tying all elements of the post together here

I wrote this, or at least the first incarnation of it, back in March. Those things it was originally written about are long since a memory, but somehow it is applicable again in a completely new context so I am sharing it now.

Everything is teetering
waiting for the right moment
to fall gently and miraculously into place
like the first snow on a perfect October night
I am afraid to hope
afraid to be excited
Can this time be different?
I am balanced on the edge
Held in rapt attention
Not daring to move or even breathe
for fear that the slightest whisper
could knock everything off its course


Funny joke from some strawberry Laffy Taffy:
Boy: Do you believe in love at first sight?
Girl: Not from where I'm standing.

Regarding today's tragic events in London, the conspiracy theorist in me wants to point fingers at Miseur French Guy My Name Rhymes. It seems a bit too coincidental the day after Paris loses their Olympic bid to London. Not to make light of it of course, my prayers are with London.

Comments