Skip to main content

ah 3 am, my long lost friend

So for no particular reason I find myself up really late tonight. Well possibly the particular reason is that I fell asleep on the couch from 9-midnight, very exciting Friday night. But I'm okay with that. So now for some randomness from me. Yay! I know you're very excited. :)

I was going through my collage folder tonight, finally sorting the various magazine clippings into their main colors. I'm sure you're surprised that I had not done so before now as you probably should be, but collaging is sort of a random thing I do only on occasion so it's not really that odd. Now if it were something that I paid attention to on a regular basis like say my closet, of course it would have been kept in meticulous color order. :)

So in going through this folder I found some fun things to stick on our red bulletin board. Yes, we painted the bulletin board red. What do you expect, we painted the fridge, is the bulletin board really so much of a stretch? Although, the bulletin board needs to be relocated to the other side of the kitchen as right now there is an overwhelming amount of red in one corner. But fear not that will likely be rectified this weekend.

After I finished cutting things out for the bulletin board I immediately took my scissors back in my room and put them away. All the rest of the collaging stuff remains on the table likely to be put away sometime tomorrow as I plan on using it this weekend. The scissors however must be put away for the evening. I know it's been awhile since I've made myself sound completely crazy on this blog, so here goes. :) The reason I can't leave scissors out overnight is that if someone were to break into my house I don't want them to see the scissors lying there and then stab me with them. Or Nicole, I don't want her to be stabbed with scissors either. Nevermind the fact that there is an entire knife block sitting on the kitchen counter, I still have to make sure the scissors are safely put away. For awhile when I had freaked myself out by reading too many articles on the BTK serial killer (and by too many I mean any at all) and was having nightmares about serial killers, I would actually sleep with a pair of scissors under my pillow just because I wanted to have some form of defense if someone tried to attack me in the middle of the night. Yes I realize I am completely neurotic. If it helps at all, I haven't done that in awhile, though if I don't move away from this particular subject matter so late at night I may have to start up again . . .

So, a thousand yellow daisies. I just watched the episode again today where Max proposes to Lorelai and sends her a thousand yellow daisies. Well I guess technically I watched the episode after that one, but it's recapped at the beginning so anyway. Oh I'm talking about Gilmore Girls for those of you who are lost. And though Max is not right for Lorelai mostly just because he's not Luke, and I'm pretty sure there were more than a thousand yellow daisies, it's still quite a marvelous scene.

I have quite the busy day planned for tomorrow. I need to go to the post office and send something to my sister that I told her I would send about 3 weeks ago. And I'm going to Target for the third time this week, though I'm going to a different Target if that makes it any better. Oh, and I'm also going to get my oil changed. How very exciting. :P But I really need to get it done as it is 3 months overdue as of tomorrow and a little over 1000 miles overdue. I'm very bad with car maintenance, but hopefully now that I actually have money to spend on it I will be better. I got a carwash last weekend for the first time in over a year, literally. Of course there was a lot of rain in that time, so it's not quite as bad as it sounds. Though, it's amazing how much nicer my car looks now without all the layers of dirt . . .

So that pretty much means I'm spending my day in Burbank tomorrow. Hooray for that. Burbank is sort of the homiest part of LA to me even though I've now lived in other parts of LA longer than I lived there. I think it's probably because that's where I lived first. And I think that my first house will probably be in Burbank. Though, that will likely depend on getting married and/or producing my first film, hopefully neither of which are too far off. Anyway, I think that's a far more than sufficient amount of rambling for the evening so I shall bid you farewell for the night/early morning. Ah how enjoy the late hours. :)

Comments

Amber said…
Okay, so I'm wondering - sorting collage pictures into colors. . . is that an artistic thing or an OCD thing? Because I'm sure sorting your closet by colors is an OCD thing, so can you be artistic and OCD at the same time? They seem to be incompatible, but I wonder. . .

So, I'm totally with you about the knife block. And the scissors thing makes sense to me (does that mean I inhabit, or at least visit, the same delusional world as you?) Although, the scissors under the pillow is a new one to me. (I probably would've gone for a softball bat.)

A thousand yellow daisies has to be one of the sweetest scenes in all of tv-dom. And even though I'm glad Max isn't in the picture, at that moment, you either loved him or have a rock for a heart.

You really can never be at Target too much (just don't wear a red shirt or someone will undoubtedly think you are employed by Target - but maybe if you kept it up long enough, Target would think you worked there and start paying you! And then your nickname would be Kirk.)

Off to be soccer queen. . . :)
Galen said…
Have you ever tried sleeping on a softball bat? ... There's a reason Azina chose scissors.
raj said…
can you be artistic without being in some way neurotic?

a softball bat, really Amber? that doesn't so much say, "I want to prevent my demise" so much as it says, "I want to be inferior to baseball.
aziner said…
I agree with Raj, I think somehow being artistic and OCD go hand in hand, though it would seem as if they shouldn't. I possibly would go with a baseball bat if I had one, though Galen brings up a good point about it being less easy to sleep on. If I did own a baseball bat I'm pretty sure it's permanent place of storage would be under my bed. Nicole, don't worry you have only contributed to my insanity by being gone all month. I heard a weird noise this morning while I was getting ready and I'm reasonably certain now that it was outside, but at the time I thought oh no what if someone is trying to break in?? With my toothbrush still in my mouth, I grabbed my scissors, went to check the door to see if it was still locked and it was. But then I thought, what if someone got in and then relocked the door to lull me into a false sense of security? So then I had to do the intruder check for the whole house. No worries, there wasn't anyone there. It will be nice when you are done housesitting.

Raj, lol about the softball thing. :)