Skip to main content

blue sky holiday

I'm trying to remember that all of this stuff doesn't matter, that he can take it all away in an instant if he chooses. I'm trying to remember that my happiness is not because I am in the best job I have ever had, but my joy is in the fact that he placed me there. This is all very new for me - this level of trust & hope & faith. I wish I could sprinkle it over all of you like so much wonderful fairy dust so you could share in all of this amazement but I know the path it takes to arrive here & it is a difficult one that must be travelled sans magic. I always said I would look back on that time in my life, traversing that arduous road, and know how important it was and be able to appreciate that. I'm starting to see it now. And I'm trying to stay tenacious and not become too content to just sit here and enjoy this blessing. I am enjoying it, be assured that I am, but I do not want to become comfortable here. I know that it is all from him and it can all be gone in a moment. My faith must be in him and not in something easy and tangible like a job. I made that mistake before. I don't want to be there again. Whatever happens, he will not leave me and that's ultimately all I need. So some of you might be wondering what the heck I'm talking about. Long story short, I started a new new job on Monday. I am a sales assistant for a film office and I have a real office of my own with a window and everything. I feel so blessed and I am so thankful. And I am in awe at seeing God's plan unfold so perfectly. I have waited a long time for this. The great thing is it gives me a lot of hope for other areas of my life for which I feel God has put me on hold. Is it still hard to wait? Sure, but wow how I've seen his amazing providence. I am astounded. And I know that if he can work this out so beautifully that he can also work out those things that mean even more to me. I feel so pleased with the me I'm becoming, the version of myself he's shaping me to be. It's all very exciting. For those of you who can't even fathom these things right now, I promise you they will come. I had the privilege of speaking to Pieter on the phone tonight and I told him that a month ago I would not have been able to say these things or even imagine them. And the beautiful thing is that when it does happen not only will you hear him, but you will see him. I was thinking about that this morning and I think that perhaps the reason we stop hearing him at this point in our lives is that we need to struggle in order to grow. We must develop more fully in order to get to the point that we can see him in addition to hearing. A butterfly cannot take flight without struggling to get out of its cocoon. It is the struggle to get out that develops its muscles so it can take flight. It's hard but the end result is better than you could ever dream.

Mark your calendars, our end of the summer party (even though summer doesn't really end in LA) is going to be August 20th. A good time shall be had by all.

Sorry for my long absence. I did not realize it had been so long. I was out of town for a few days if that makes you feel any better.

Have a happy hump day! And of course don't take it like that. :)

Comments