Skip to main content
he never made me feel silly
like my random thoughts could possibly be ridiculous
I could philosophize and theorize and ponderize
we could talk all night
and whatever insanity escaped my lips
he treated sweetly with this beautiful excitement
and we laughed
I can close my eyes and find myself back there
sitting on the couch with our heads resting upon the cushions
and conversing about whatever deep or trivial matter
should manage to pop into our thoughts

you grabbed my hand
and we floated across the world
I felt so safe
like I couldn't fall or screw up
with your hand protectively encompassing mine
and at the right time
you asked me to fly on my own
still there to keep me from falling
it was one of the best nights of my life
but then suddenly again you were gone
and I let you go
I tried to move on
I wanted to
but here I am half a year later
yearning for that moment again
just 5 more minutes with you on that night

Comments